StorageArea.com 2019 Annual Scholarship
We are one of the largest self-storage reservation websites in the United States. We have the inventory of over 10,000 self-storage facilities available for online reservations. Our focus is to help people save time and money while finding the perfect storage solution.
Our company believes higher education is important and wants to give back and provide others with the means to further their education in academia. Our company has decided to create a scholarship program for undergraduate and graduate students to help meet their education related expenses. We are offering an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a new student every year. Our goal is to help as many students over the years as possible and that is why our scholarship will continue annually.
Follow the simple instructions below to apply for scholarship.
Scholarship Amount: $1000
Applicants must be enrolled or have an enrollment date as a full-time student.
Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited college or university.
There is no minimum GPA required to apply for the scholarship.
Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
Required Application Details:
- Please write an 800 to 1,500 word essay on any one of the topics below:General: Self-storage allows you to organize and free up living space. How can college students utilize a storage unit to increase productivity and decrease stress?General: Clearing clutter from your living space can help your mind and body and give you room for things or activities that give you happiness. If you could free up 100 square feet of living space by removing clutter, how would you use it?Car Enthusiasts: Many people collect cars but don't have space to properly store them. Describe why it is important to store collectible cars in a climate controlled environment?Marketing/Business: If you were hired by a brand new self-storage facility that has 100 storage units, describe how you would market and fill those units with tenants on a budget.
- Please provide proof of your enrollment at an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
Submitting Your Application
Please complete the form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment - Please submit a transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter. A scan or an upload of a digital file will be accepted. (File Formats: .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc.)
- Scholarship Essay. (File Formats: .pdf or .doc)
- Agreeing to scholarship Terms and Conditions on online submission form.
Applicants must complete and submit the StorageArea.com online scholarship form by October 1, 2019. The winner of the scholarship will be selected and contacted by October 15, 2019.
Additional Scholarship Details:
- The winning applicant will be selected by a panel of judges from StorageArea.com.
- Essays will be judged based on quality, originality, creativity, writing style, grammar and spelling.
- The funds provided by StorageArea.com to the winning applicant will be sent via PayPal; unless winning applicant's university requires a payment method of a check then StorageArea.com will send a check to university to be applied to student's account.
- The funds provided by StorageArea.com to the winning applicant are to be applied to qualified college expenses for the current academic year. Qualified college expenses include: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
- Scholarship is available annually and is non-renewable.
- No purchase necessary to participate.
- Any questions about the StorageArea.com Scholarship can be directed to: .
Your participation in the StorageArea.com scholarship is voluntary and you may choose whether to participate. To be considered for a scholarship by StorageArea.com, you may be required to submit data electronically. Your application grants StorageArea.com, its agents and/or representatives permission to use and post the following information: the applicant’s name, attending college, college photo, email, award amount and essay on StorageArea.com or in other marketing communications, including but not limited to website, newsletters, social media and press releases.
We may use your contact information to confirm receipt of your application, to gather more information if there are questions regarding your application, to send you notifications regarding your status, or for communication necessary pertaining to application.
All sensitive information relating to all applicants eligibility is destroyed as soon as a winner is confirmed and announced.
Applicant’s email address or phone number will not be used for any marketing purposes.
When you send email or other communications electronically, StorageArea.com may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your request or application as it relates to the scholarship.
The winning applicant will be notified via email by October 15, 2019 and an announcement of the winning applicant will be posted on the StorageArea.com scholarship page.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Applicant’s essay must be original work and free of any plagiarism. The essay was created and submitted by the applicant and has not been submitted in any previous scholarships or competitions. Duplicate applications/entries will be disqualified. Only one submission may be submitted per student per scholarship application period.
The winning application will be notified through email and will be announced publicly.
All scholarships are non-renewalable.
By submitting an application to the StorageArea.com Scholarship, you agree to the terms and conditions of the scholarship and you certify all the application information and accompanying documentation that you provided is accurate and complete.